Consequence analysis software provides the magnitude of consequences to life, property and environment in terms of damage distances for spills, fires, explosions and toxic dispersions.
RISCON is a consequence analysis software developed by RiskChem Academy to suit Indian conditions and environments.
RISCON v.2 Risk Analysis Software for Estimation of Consequences from Fire, Explosion & Dispersion in Industrial Units
- The software has been in use in consultancy services over the last 20 years.
- The outputs have been used by regulatory authorities and company managements for siting of new layouts, expansion projects, risk evaluation and proposing risk reduction & mitigation measures.
- The software has been licensed to the Factory Inspectorate, Tamil Nadu and several consultants
The software used in consequence analysis draws their models mainly from international safety institutions such as
- TNO Holland: Nederlandse Organisatie voor Toegepast Natuurwetenschappelijk Onderzoek (TNO; English: Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research)
- HSE UK: Health Safety Executive, UK
- CCPS USA: Center for Chemical Process Safety of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, New York, USA
In addition, RISCON also refers to the standards/ publications mentioned below.
- Indian Standard HAZARD IDENTIFICATION AND RISK ANALYSIS-CODE OF PRACTICE (IS 15656: 2006),
- LEES, F. P. Loss Prevention in the Process Industries: 4th ed. 2012
- World Bank Publications on Industrial Safety
The modules of the RISCON software available to conduct the consequence analysis and QRA studies include
- Leak rate estimation
- Spill rate and maximum spread
- Pool fire (Tank fire and Dyke Fire)
- Dense gas dispersion
- Unconfined Vapor Cloud Explosion
RISCON has capabilities for 3D modelling as well and provision of depth and extent of damage contours in 3D Landscape