Employing the technique through Examples and Workshop
Course & its relevance
The HAZOP technique is being repeatedly used across companies to identify hazards and risks in process related systems. These techniques, though simple to use, serve to unearth inadequacies and hidden faults in design and operation.
The training aims to prepare participants to engage in HAZOP workshops by familiarizing them with the concepts and elements of the technique
Objectives of Training Program
The HAZOP course aims to
- Introduce HAZOP technique as a proactive approach for preempting and preventing occurrence of major incidents.
- Impart knowledge on when and how the HAZOP technique is applied in different industrial situations.
- Explain the HAZOP guideword method and approach to identify potential deviations from intended design functions
- Empower those participating in HAZOP sessions to contribute more effectively in HAZOP sessions
Contents of the Program
- HAZOP Introduction and Basic Concepts
- Myths & Facts of HAZOP
- Uniqueness of HAZOP
- Practise & Conduct of HAZOP
- Mock HAZOP
- HAZOP Documentation
- Balance of HAZOP- Safety systems
- Exercise 2 Basis of Assigning Recommendations and follow through
- Summary of Key factors in Enhancing a HAZOP
- Close out Reports
- General Techniques in Hazard identification
- HAZOP Follow-up and further studies
This workshop will be beneficial to Project Managers, Design Engineers; Safety Officers; Operations/ Maintenance Supervisors/ Engineers; Commissioning engineers.
Participants will be issued a certificate of participation, and will be eligible for HAZOP Level 2 – for Leaders/ scribes.
Dates – 27th and 28th September 2019
Venue – DOXA Business Centre Thoraipakkam Chennai
Type(s) of Training Experience on offer- In the registration form please express your interest in one of the below training modes.
1) In-House Training: Company chooses to organize a training program for its employee(s) and the Trainer will visit the company’s premises and provide the training.
2) Hands-on experience: The participant will join the HAZOP team in a Live HAZOP session which is conducted at a Client’s. He shall learn the technique by observing the discussions and deliberations as well as through active participation in the same.
3) Public-course: The trainee shall be a delegate in a forum held at a neutral venue.
Course Fee – Contact us for more details . The course fee includes course materials, lunch and refreshments during the workshop.
(Last Date of Registration is 14th September 2019)